Monday, March 10, 2014

Week 2/24/14 - 3/3/14

      This week, I presented our research at the Regional Pi Mu Epsilon Conference. I gave a 15 minute presentation. I talked about the goals of this research, the importance for software companies to look into these problems, the basic techniques involved, new features that we considered, and the results obtained. The talk went well. The audience seemed really interested and had a bunch of questions. I really enjoyed attending the conference. I got to see some interesting talks given by fellow students. It was a really great experience. 

      I also wrote some sort pseudo code for the programs I previously wrote. We may include this in future papers or just have it on file to look back on. its really weird converting from actual code to pseudo code. I generally do this in the reverse direction. 
  
      I also read a very advanced thesis paper on LDA. I have to admit this was a hard read. It used a lot of probability theory that I have never seen before. I am going to have to do a lot of background reading to get a better sense of what was done. 
    
      Since we received the USR grant from Youngstown State University, I am also getting together a list of possible books, equipment, or accessories that will help us in our research.

No comments:

Post a Comment